If you’re looking to get the best possible audio performance on a limited budget-and something you can use to power audio from your TV, Blu-ray player, turntable, and CD player-then the TX-8020 is for you. Passing over the extras you don’t need in favor of purely musical analog power, it remains versatile enough to serve at the heart of your home entertainment system. Onkyo’s WRAT delivers 50+50 W of power, with discrete output stage circuitry and a high current, low-impedance drive to effortlessly handle the most demanding loads.The sound is characteristic of the veteran hi-fi brand, with lively dynamics, a sweet and natural mid-range, and accurate timing for all kinds of music. And just like the cool vintage receivers in its genealogy, the TX-8020 has bass, treble, and balance controls as well as speaker A/B posts for multi-room setups. Add a pair of bookshelf or floorstanding speakers of your choice, connect your media players and TV-perhaps including the DS-A5 RI dock with AirPlay-and be treated to the kind of full-scale, broad-spectrum performance a soundbar couldn’t hope to match.
- 50 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08%THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC)
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
- 5 Analog Audio Inputs and 1 Output, including Phono Input for Turntable Connection
- Massive EI Transformer. Compatible with the DS-A5 AirPlay RI Dock for iPod/iPhone/iPad.It’s not a surround sound stereo.
- Power Output90 W + 90 W (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD,1 Channel Driven, IEC)